Monday, March 23, 2015

Still so much left to see...

Seeing a live fútbol game at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu was at the top of my list of things to do in Madrid, and I finally got to check it off today! It was amazing. There was so much energy throughout the stadium and such a feeling of camaraderie. Real Madrid CF (Madrid's football club) is very highly ranked. They played against FC Barcelona, one of their biggest rivals. They ended up losing 2-1 but nevertheless it was an unforgettable experience. The fans here are crazier than the football fans in America! After a wild morning at the soccer game, I switched gears and visited the Real Basilica de San Francisco el Grande. So far, it is my favorite church in Madrid because it is so beautiful and unique. The church is famous for two things: the dome and frescos by Goya in one of the chapels. The frescos are immaculate and the interior in general is stunning. I will definitely be returning soon. Now, it is time to start packing for Prague. I leave in two days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment